Coffee LEC, Garosugil

  • 0

How should I start this post?

Just recently, I got to know about Coffee LEC by accident, when I was walking along Garosugil with Matt & Joce. Apparently, it is a very famous one because the owner of the cafe is an award winning barista and Matt just happened to have read about it on the magazine.

We popped in and we were pleasantly surprised by ... how good the coffee and service is ;) (ok honestly, our eyes were feasting more on ---)




The coffee tasted really good, and the barista was really friendly! He chatted with us even though our Korean cannot make it. He also offered a free drink, probably because we bought quite a few items, or actually just because he is damn nice.




The drink that he provided to us complimentary was Black & White. I am always conservative about my choice of coffee so it never vary outside of Cafe Latte or Vanilla Latte. But oh my, this Black & White was just too good! It was actually black coffee with cream on top, and it tasted somewhat like the Singapore KOI's Green Tea Machiatto but the coffee version. The coffee was slightly acidic and bitter but the moment the sweet cream mixed with it, the taste completes.


It was so good that we all decided to go back again a second time. The same barista was still there and later on, he offered us a free Americano. We are happy not because of the free drink, as we didn't actually need another doze of coffee, but omg, why is he so nice? hahha.

The second time, I ordered Black & Yellow which was coffee and egg cream on top. I KNOW RIGHT, egg cream?! It turned out to be similar to Black & White but a richer taste. It didn't taste eggy at all, which would be pretty weird with coffee. I liked it!

SO, I really liked Coffee LEC and I think I have fallen in love with the cafe and the service staff.

Think I would probably go back there for a 3rd or 4th time because of the awesome memories made!



COFFEE LEC
Seoul, Sinsa-dong, 519-13 서울시 강남구 신사동 519-13번지 1층
Map
http://www.coffeelec.com/