Golden Tree Lined Street, Cheonan

  • 0
So, I did my 3rd Korean homestay with my Korean pastor friend, whom I knew through my OCSP previously and whom has the cutest family ever. He stays in Cheonan, which is a city 1 hour away from Seoul on bus.

This time, I was there solely for the visit to the famous Gingko Tree Lined Street near Hyunchoongsa Temple, also known as 현충사 은행나무길. It is a 1 - 2 km long of road that has Gingko trees lined on both sides. It is an open road on other seasons but during Autumn, the road is closed so people can enjoy this glorious scenery.

Nami Island has something similar and is more famous for it, but the crowd does kill the scenery.  I really enjoyed strolling under these golden trees and I could take such pretty photos without dozens of people in it.

Want to see more?




Ha-Eun is MEGA cute!!!






One interesting fact about Gingko tree is that its fruit is super smelly when crushed. Bear with that smell if you want to enjoy this kind of amazing scenery! However, I heard from my Korean friend that this fruit can be eaten and even though it is smelly, it is good for health! That is why this ahjumma in the photo is collecting these fruits, to be sold.


All good things do come to an end.